A hip fracture is one of the most common and disabling types of orthopedic injuries in the United States, especially for senior citizens.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), at least a quarter million people, 65 or older, are hospitalized for hip fractures every year and women break their hips more often than men — roughly 3 to 1. So we recommend the following 10 tips to avoid injury and fractures:
2. Make Your Home Safer with Padding
3. Schedule Periodic Health Checks
4. Keeping floors clear of clutter,remove objects in path
5. Improve visibility in rooms and hallways by adding more lights
6. To prevent bathroom falls, install grab bars or handles inside and outside of your tub or shower